Summer Fun in Grand Rapids!
As we get closer to the month of July, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite things to do in Grand Rapids! Movies in the park is a free event welcoming all ages. This outdoor movie experiance takes place along the grand river where everyone can enjoy the amazing view of the city, right from their picnic blanket! Guests are invited to treat the evening like a picnic and bring your own blanket, chairs, beer, wine and snacks for a special night under the stars. Pre-movie entertainment begins at 6PM. First film starts at 7PM followed by an additional feature at 9:30PM.
Here is this months movie lineup:
- Mrs. Doubtfire (PG-13)
- Forrest Gump (PG-13)
- The Book of Life (PG)
- Jaws (PG)
- Zootopia (PG)
- Star Trek (PG-13)
Movie Night Tips
Fully enjoy your night out by remembering these quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
- Free bike parking is available at the park.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you’d like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you forget food at home, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You’ll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on. Blankets up front. Chairs in the back.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
In the event of rain, we’ll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.